The African Journey
June 28 - July 11, 2000
- Music from visit to Mumbwa July 2
- Trip itinerary
- Van Belkum and Kubik to visit four countries in Africa
Andre van Belkum and I completed a most successful trip of Zambia, Malawi, Zimbabwe and South Africa.
In this time period we were able to initiate a process of helping people in rural Zambia start restocking their cattle that were completely wiped out with Corridor Disease two years ago.
Next, on July 5th we had a ground-breaking for the new Malakia Clinic and Birthing Center in Lilongwe, Malawi.
Both events were satisfying events that spell relief for needy people and fulfill our Christian Commission and fulfill the mission statement of LifeNets: Our Mission is to help needy people in practical ways and to help them become self-sufficient.
In addition we spoke to groups of people in the United Church of God in Lusaka, Mumbwa, Kitwe, Lilongwe, Harare and Johannesburg and told them about what wonderful things God is helping us accomplish.
The whole story is told by clicking on to the photo album and diaries of this trip above.
- 1 Johannesburg/Zambia (June 29-30)
- 2 Lusaka, Zambia (June 30, July 1)
- 3 The challenging trip to Mumbwa (July 2)
- 4 A day in Mumbwa (July 2)
- 5 24 hours in Kitwe, Zambia July 3-4
- 6 On to Malawi - July 4 (part 1)
- 7 Clinic ground-breaking, Malawi July 5 (part 2)
- 8 Malawi July 6-7 (part 3)
- 9 Zimbabwe July 7-8 (part 1)
- 10 Zimbabwe July 9 (part 2)
- 11 South Africa July 9