LifeNets Orphans and Street Children Program
in Vinogradov, Ukraine
LifeNets has supported a soup kitchen to feed about 40 street children and orphans in Vinogradov, Ukraine. The children range from being complete orphans to coming from negligent or otherwise dysfunctional parents, or from families so poor that there is simply not enough money for basic nutrition.
They are cared for by pastor Vasyl Polichko and his wife Irina who have completely given themselves over to caring for these children. Below are updates about our program. Be sure to read ORIGINAL STORY if you have not done so.
Since 2001 This project has been made possible by the perennial financial support from Scott and Carolyn Scharpen of the Scharpen Foundation which supports Christian Sabbath related efforts, and the Rock Valley Christian Church and their friends in Lake Elsinore, California. We are so very thankful for these people whose big hearts have given children on the other side of world speaking a totally different language love and support that they would not otherwise have had.
July 24, 2015
September 7, 2014
May 28, 2014
March 10, 2014
September 30, 2013
February 4, 2013
- Report on Summer 2012 Mission (February 3, 2013)
- The Origins of Vasyl and Irina Polichko's Ministry and the Light of Love Mission
- New Khust Church Building Construction (Reconstruction)
- Update from Vasyl Polichko December 30, 2012
- August 10, 2011
- June 26, 2011
- January 27, 2010
- December 19, 2009
- December 19, 2008b
- August 18, 2008
- March 23, 2008 Update
- October 2007 Update
- August 2007 Update
- June 8, 2007 - new van donation
- November 1, 2006 - Our summer 2006 visit
- December 2005 Update
- February 26, 2002 Update
- February 12, 2002 Update
- Original Story July 26, 2001
- Vinogradov HOME
- LifeNets HOME
April 26, 2012
- Letter to LifeNets from Vasyl Polichko March 19, 2012
December 20, 2012
YouTube history of our work with the children of Vinogradov
August 10, 2011
June 26, 2011
January 27, 2010
- Informational letter from Vasyl Polichko and "Light of Love" Mission dated December 16, 2009
December 19, 2009
- United News Article by Cindy Harper about Serving in Ukraine the last two years teaching English as a Second Language.
- Teaching English as a Second Language in Vinogradov, Ukraine July 2009 by Cherie Zahora
August 18, 2008
- Read the impressions of our four volunteers who worked with these children in June 2008. They taught English as a Second Language and helped with day camp.
March 23, 2008
- Beverly Kubik speaks about Irina Polichko at Puget Sound Women's Enrichment Weekend. See PowerPoint and text of message.
October 21, 2007
- Our van is finally brought safely into Ukraine in September 2007 from Germany after a lot of work, support, paperwork, customs etc etc. See more photos.
August 14, 2007
- Included are photos from our last visits to the Vinogradov children in January 2007 along with a report from Vasyl Polichko, director of the program.
June 8, 2007
Our van is almost ready to take across into Ukraine for the children! See more photos. We give special thanks to all who helped provide the financing of this Mercedes van conversion into a reliable 20 seater to help transport our children around western Ukraine. The job done has been beautiful.
November 17, 2006
In June 2006 a party of four of us from Indianapolis, Indiana visited the LifeNets sponsored Light of Love Mission for Street Children in Vinogradov, Ukraine. Katherine Rowland (pictured on the right with four of the children) was one of those people. Katherine has exceptional sensitivity and compassion for the vulnerable. Visiting this LifeNets project was a highlight of the entire trip to Ukraine. Please see Katherine's story and photos. We want to thank all those who support this project that LifeNets is sponsoring and now going into its sixth year.
All contributions are tax deductible and fully used to fund this program. To help with the program, please send your contributions to
1227 Woodchase Trail
Batavia, OH 45103