Another Livelihood Development Success
September 14, 2004 to LifeNets Latin America Home Page
LifeNets director Luis Mundo from Guatemala writes about the latest livelihood project Quetzaltenango, Guatemala.
"I am sending you photographs of a project LifeNets undertook with Jaime Gonzalo Ortiz. Mr. Ortiz had lost his business in El Salvador where he used to live. He came to Quetzaltenango, Guatemala and began a new business which LifeNets has helped him with. The photos below tell the story.
The project is to make "atole" which is ground seed. This he, then, sells. He was without work, now he buys seed, grinds it into flour and sells it. The flour has similar nutrition to milk."
-- Luis Mundo
The grinding machine purchased by LifeNets
Jaime Gonzalo Ortiz at work
The finished product ready to sell
The grinding machine at work
If you would like to support projects similar to this the help people gain self-sufficiency, send a tax-deductible contribution to
3707 Turfway Ct.
Indianapolis, IN 46228
RELATED LINKS about working in Central America
- Update on El Salvador Dental Clinic -- (posted August 12, 2004)
- Report on Guatemala sewing machine livelihood development, habitat and scholarship program (posted April 1, 2004)
- July 25, 2003 update on Livelihood and Scholarship programs
- LifeNets gives cash $7235 cash grant for setting up home businesses, habitat and scholarships in Guatemala. (posted May 26, 2003)
- Livelihood and Education Projects for 2002 (posted April 25, 2003)
- Progress Report on Guatemala Concrete Floor Project July 2002
- Students in El Salvador thank LifeNets for school supply aid. More thanks from Guatemala and other info. (posted April 20, 2002)
- Beloit, Wisconsin Silver Ambassadors Make a Difference for Central America! (posted November 20, 2001)
- Luis Mundo named LifeNets director for Guatemala on November 13, 2001
- Donated Dental Office in operation in El Salvador (posted September 3, 2001)