Progress report on the Guatemala Project
June 20, 2000
- Pictorial of some of our successes in Guatemala (posted June 8, 2001)
- March 2001 Photos from El Salvador Showing Earthquake People Affected (posted April 13, 2001)
- April 13, 2001 update - Helping Guatemalans become self-sufficient
- Thank you from Herbert Cisneros (April 1, 2001
- March 1, 2001 AMAZING UPDATE!
- Feb 2, 2001 The container is loaded in Houston
- January 11, 2001 progress report
- November 29, 2000 progress report
- October 5, 2000 progress report
- August 26, 2000 progress report
- June 20 progress report
- How you can help (June 16, 2000)
We want to thank all who have been contributing to help out with our joint ABC/LifeNets Guatemala project.
Our assistance will consist of a 20 ton container being packed in Houston with life-sustaining humanitarian aid. We hope to ship this in about three months. We also want to ship equipment such as sewing machines and stoves so that some of the people can use them to make a living. A reputable and experienced shipper of humanitarian aid to Guatemala for many years will do our shipping. The cost of shipping the container will be about $2200 which includes the tedious process of getting the container through customs.
All items to go on the container from Houston to Guatemala should be addressed as follows:
For GuatemalaPlease be sure that For Guatemala appears clearly on the box and that you also list the contents of the box on the outside along with the weight.
A.I.M. Controls, LLC
Houston, Texas 77054
We want to purchase $15,000 worth of medicine. We can do this for $1000.
Finally, we want to upgrade the homes of 15 families who live on dirt as you see in some of the photos below. Each concrete floor will cost about $400 and will immensely improve the quality of life for these families.
So far (up till June 20) we have collected $2190 for our Guatemalan relief effort. In addition LifeNets has donated $500 for the purchase of Bibles. We have sent $800 down for immediate construction of two concrete floors. We have a balance of $1390 as of today.
Thanks to all who have contributed to this effort. Every dollar donated will go directly for relief, in fact, every dollar will be leveraged several times over and we will have continual updating here at www.lifenets.org/guatemala.
If you would like to donate to the Guatemala Project, please send your tax-deductible donation to
LifeNets - For Guatemala
P.O. Box 88165
Indianapolis, Indiana 46208-0165